Date(s) - 11/15/2016
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
This is an event that is open and free to the general public
The African Union Expo LLC, Go Africa Capital LLC, Go Caribbean Inc, and The Go Africa Network Inc. are proud to present the 2nd annual African Union Expo event to be held in NYC Harlem.
Featuring the following new events:
- Go Africa Startup Contest
- Business Review
The objective is to highlight and reinforce the economic development between the African Union Member countries inclusive of region 6 (The Caribbean) and the United States of America. The Expo will bring together businessmen and political leaders from across Africa and the United States to exchange views and news on promoting trade and investment opportunities across a range of targeted range of sectors between the Africa and the U.S.
It is an opportunity for entrepreneurs, startups, and companies (small to medium sized), To engage, interact and learn formative knowledge leading to demonstrable results and revenues in the evolving future.
This year will feature 2 new events:
- Go Africa Startup Contest (for entrepreneurs, startups and small companies)
- 10 min presentation of your business with 5 min Q&A from Audience and Judges
- General Category
- 1000 cash (First Prize)
- 250 cash (Second Prize)
- 150 Gift Card (Third Prize)
- Innovation & Idea Category
- Contestant has an innovation or idea that is in the incubation, development stage
- 10 min presentation of your concept or idea with 5 min Q&A from the Audience and Judges:
- 150 Gift Card (First Prize)
- 100 Gift Card (Second Prize)
- 75 Gift Card (Third Prize)
- Business Review (business plan review and financing, planning assessment) Featuring the following:
- Individual planning and assessment with Go Africa Capital LLC and a financial institution for your business or startup.
- Individualized scoring and funding proposal created for your business
- If funding proposal is accepted by all parties involved, funding will be provided within 60 – 120 days.
- See (business Review Section for more details on the criteria, and other parameters.
Topics and breakout sessions to be covered during this 1-day expo event are as follows:
- Understanding the importance of a business plan
- Discovering sources of funding and alternative sources of funding
- Preparing for e-commerce
- Identifying avenues for exporting goods & services
- Doing Business with New York State
- Financing export transactions
Time line for event:
- 10am – 11am Attendee arrival and registration for sessions
- 11am opening ceremony: By Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer and Athena B. Moore, Director, Northern Manhattan Office of the Manhattan Borough President,
- Martin Smith, Director from Congressman Espaillat’s Office ( 15 Mins)
- Delegate General of Cote Côte d’Ivoire (15 mins)
- The Consul of Burkina Faso (15 minutes)
- Mr. Parfait Mutimura from the Norvatis investment capital (15 minutes).
- Other speakers
- 11:30am Opening panel for Q&A TBA
- 12:30pm Breakout sessions (working Lunch)
- Session A: Developing a Marketing Plan:
- 1:00pm Breakout sessions
- Session B: Preparing for e-commerce:
- 1:30pm Breakout Sessions
- Session C: Doing Business with New York State
- 2:00pm – 2:15pm Breakout Sessions
- Micro lending: Rajitha Swaminathan | Director, Programs | Grameen America, Inc.
- 2:15pm – 5:00pm Sessions A & B: (Go Africa Startup Contest)
- General Category
- Innovation & Ideas Category
- 1:30pm – 5:00pm Session C: Business Review (business plan review and financing, planning assessment)
- Closing ceremony
- 5:300pm – 7pm:(Networking and happy hour
Please select to attend the entire event or individual sessions from the choices below. or use eventbrite to register https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-2nd-annual-african-union-business-expo-tickets-28518743329?ref=ebtnebregn
Bookings are closed for this event.